Whenever you build an online business, you would eventually find out that there really is no all-in-one solution. Eventually, you will need another service that you can combine with the current one that you are using, and this will make your website more powerful.
One common question that online business people have is: Can I use ClickFunnels with Squarespace? If what you are looking for is an integration, like integrating an app with a Shopify store, then the short answer is both yes and no. But if you want to use both of them together, then it is possible.
What is Squarespace?
Squarespace is a website builder. With this platform, you can create a website, an e-commerce store, a portfolio, a blog, and so much more. It is like WordPress because you can choose pre-built themes, and all you need to do is to change the content of the themes.
The Squarespace platform also comes with apps that you can integrate with your website. If you are on the go, you can use the Squarespace app to edit your website if you need to do it right away. Plus, you can use the marketing and SEO tools offered by the company to boost your sales and traffic.
Although Squarespace has a marketing tool, it does not work as effectively as ClickFunnels. In the marketing tool of Squarespace, you can build an email list and send marketing content to people who subscribe.
Here are some of the marketing tools you can use with Squarespace:
- Email Campaign – this is a tool that allows you to gather email addresses from your customers. Once you have that list, you can start sending them messages to let them know of your current promotions. This marketing tool also allows you to easily transfer your web content to an email format, which you can send to your subscribers with a few clicks.
- SEO Tools – like other web development platform, you can change the snippets or parts of your website to make it friendly to search engines. For example, you can change the text below the page title. There are also guides in the platform that will help you understand how to make your website become SEO-optimized.
- Social Media Tools – you can integrate social media apps to your website, get them connected, and this will help you keep your customers be in the know about new things about your company. There is even a powerful Instagram feature here that will let your customers make a purchase through Instagram.
- Banners and Promotions – these are pop-ups that will highlight important things about your business. They can also be permanent banners where you can inform your site visitors of discounts, promotions, or other important announcements.
- Analytics – this is a real-time reporting tool that shows how your website is performing. With this tool, you can see the number of page views, units you have sold from your store, revenue, and so much more.
Despite these marketing tools, Squarespace is not a sales funnel builder. It is part of the overall sales funnel you will make, but it does make sense to use a platform built for marketing, like ClickFunnels.
What is ClickFunnels?
ClickFunnels is a sales funnel builder platform. This is what you must use if you want to create an effective marketing campaign. Although you can also build a website with ClickFunnels, it will not have the same power as a website builder.
What you can do in ClickFunnels is a marketing page, and you can do this in the following ways:
- Sales Funnel – a sales funnel is typically made of one to three pages of a website. In here, you will add a lot of texts, photos, and videos. Your goal is to discuss with your site reader all the benefits of what you are offering. In the end, you want to be able to convince this customer to make a purchase.
- Opt-in – an opt-in page is a marketing tool where you try to get your lead to give you his email address. In return, you give something for free, like downloadable digital content. Once you have an email list, you can start sending your email marketing materials. With ClickFunnels, you can automate this process.
- Webinar and Membership – with ClickFunnels, you can create landing pages that will show your leads the details of your online course. You can charge them a one-time fee for this, or a recurring subscription fee.
ClickFunnels allows you to charge money, and also to deliver the content of what you are selling. Usually, sales funnels are made for downloadable products, like eBooks. However, the use of sales funnels has grown and expanded, and you can use this for marketing for any niche.
How do you use them both together?
You cannon integrate the two applications as you do with others. What you can do is to create a folder in your website storage, and then add the contents of your ClickFunnels details there. This is a complicated process, and there is no automated version to do this.
Despite this, you can use them together. What you need to do is to have an account for each platform. On Squarespace, build your website, and then make sure the details are complete, like your About Us page, your product pages, terms and conditions, shipping, and many more.
Then, sign-up for a ClickFunnels account, and then build your marketing page. Since the landing page that you build here is purely an attempt to convince a customer to buy, you can use links on photos and texts to re-direct the customer to your real website.
For example, you can put a little button that says CLICK HERE or BUY IT NOW. You need to put a link to that button, and if a customer clicks that button, he will be taken to your website or your product page where he can add the product to his shopping cart, and then proceed to checkout.
There are marketers who can successfully host their funnels from their Squarespace account, but this does not really add any value. It does not affect sales or anything. It just sounds neat. But before you can do that, you need to have access to your DNS server, and you must have a strong understanding of computer coding, HTML, and web development computer language.
If you successfully do this, the only thing that will happen is that instead of your sales funnel having its own domain name, it will be an extension of your Squarespace domain name, like as if the funnel is part of the Squarespace website. If anything, a lead will just think that the two pages belong to the same business, but it does not affect efficiency, speed, or customer decisions.
How much will it cost if I use both?
The cost really depends on which plans you get. For Squarespace, you will pay between $12 and $40 per month. These packages have different features, and personal websites cost less than an advanced e-commerce site.
ClickFunnels is pricier. The Start-Up plan would cost you $97 per month. With this, you can build 20 funnels with a total of 100 pages. That plan has a maximum of 20,000 visitors. If you want more, you can upgrade to the Etison Suite which costs $297 per month with this, and you will get unlimited funnels.
The last option you have is to get the Shared Funnel plan that costs $19 per month. There are many limitations to this plan, and you need to find a sponsor or register an account with ClickFunnels and then downgrade to the Shared Funnel Plan.
There is no native integration between Squarespace and ClickFunnels. However, this is not really important because the roles of the two platforms are different. You use Squarespace to build your website, and you use ClickFunnels to market the products or services on that website.