An exit pop up is a message displayed to your visitors when they attempt to navigate away from your page. Exit pop-ups are powerful lead generators and effective tools to turn leaving visitors into subscribers for your marketing campaigns. A well-designed popup can increase your leads by almost six times.
This article will teach you how to create an exit pop-up for your sales funnel in ClickFunnels.
What You Need
- A ClickFunnels account
- A ClickFunnels page
Step 1: Add Pop Up to Your Page
1. Log in to your ClickFunnels account and navigate to your funnel
2. Select a page from your funnel and click Edit Page to open the page editor
3. Within your page editor select Pop Up and click Show Pop Up.
4. A basic pop up will be added on your page
5. Click the “+” button on your pop up to add a new row. Select and add the number of columns you would like to show on your pop up
Step 2: Edit Pop Up Settings
1. Select Pop Up from your page editor window and select Edit Pop Up Settings
2. Adjust the position of the pop up by toggling the Top Margin bar to add desired spacing on top of your pop up.
3. Select the background image for your pop up by clicking the image button in the BG Image field. Select the positioning of the image from the Image Position dropdown menu.
4. Select Show When User Tries to Exits from the Trigger On Exit menu to enable the pop up to show when users are leaving the page.
5. Choose your Modal Width to set the size of your pop up.
6. Adjust the Colors and Padding settings according to your preference and your business needs.
You Might Also Like: Create A Page Timer
Why You Need An Exit Pop Up
An exit pop up will let you keep your prospects engaged and prevent lose of leads just when the prospect is about to bounce to another site. With an exit pop up, you can present your visitors irresistible offers or prompt them to sign up to your email list. Well executed exit pop-ups can earn you a conversion or a page view for your site and increase your chances of turning the leaving visitors into paying customers.
There are many ways you can make use an exit pop-up to work to your advantage.
Below are top 5 exit pop up hacks
- Offer an irresistible offer, such as a discount or free shipping.
- Prompt your visitors to subscribe to your newsletter.
- Offer help when they cannot find a contact form.
- Present free resources, such as eBooks, in exchange for contact information.
- Run a survey for your site.
Generating and converting leads is one of the goals of marketing campaigns. Exit pop-ups can help your ClickFunnels pages to achieve your marketing goals by targeting the leaving visitors and turn them to subscribers or even loyal paying customers.
ClickFunnels allows you to add an exit pop-up for your page with simple steps. Integrate an exit pop up for your sales funnel today and increase your leads by almost 600 percent.