We’ve all probably subscribed to a mailing list at least once in our lives. Whether it’s for updates and deals from your favorite restaurant or daily updates on prices and deals in a store like books or clothing. Sometimes we even forget that we ever subscribed to some mailing lists because that’s just how much there is to sign up for out there.
But have you ever wondered how the owners of such businesses and companies send these emails to millions of people all around the world all at one go? At first, as a new business owner, you may have less than 100 people in your mailing list, and with that, sure you can type out your emails and send them individually.
However, over time as a business grows, so does its customers and with time you’ll have over a thousand subscribers. Having someone to send emails one at a time is not only time consuming but quite expensive, this is the reason why you need software such as GetResponse to help you do this in one click.
Reach Your Subscribers Using GetResponse
GetResponse is an email marketing software that enables users to reach millions of people through newsletters, emails, campaigns, follow up surveys and follow up Autoresponders. It allows its users to boost content and aids in increasing traffic to use websites to increase sales.
GetResponse includes numerous features, but its core task is to automatically send emails that you have typed to all internet users who have signed up to your mailing list. A user will start receiving emails from you from the minute they sign up depending on how you set up your email marketing. These emails are a great way to generate more sales as you can talk to your subscribers more directly.
Related Post: How GetResponse Works
Two Ways of Sending Emails
On the dashboard, click on create which displays a dropdown menu listing the different things that you can create using GetResponse. You can either create a regular automated email sequence also known as an Autoresponder, or you could create a newsletter which allows you to send emails to only specific individuals.
How to Generate an Autoresponder
1. First, you need to generate an autoresponder sequence
2. Set the time when you want the email to be send out to your subscribers
3. Set when you want the email to be delivered e.g., it could be immediately a subscriber has signed up to your mailing list or a few hours to a few days.
4. Check off the days when the email is eligible for sending.
NOTE: With each step, it is essential to save the changes before creating the email.
5. Click on create a new email, and then Autoresponder setting will automatically appear.
6. Set a name for the message you will be sending out. This will help you distinguish one email from another and is only visible to you.
7. Set the subject of the email. This is the first thing your subscribers see before they open your email and so it should be catchy as possible.
NOTE: You can also personalize the subject and make it more personal to the subscriber. For example, if you want your subject to read, “Welcome (Subscribers name)” for example ” Welcome John.”
8. Set the email account you would like your users to reply to. This is also the email address they’ll be receiving your emails from.
Note : it is advisable to use a personal email account because it increases chances of your emails being opened and, in that way, you avoid having your emails automatically marked as spam.
9. Click on the next step at the bottom of the page
10. GetResponse automatically generates well-designed templates to help you in writing your email and includes numerous categories. Click on the category of your choice and click on the template that suits you.
Note: You could also choose to create your email by clicking on plain text.
11. Once you’re done customizing your email template click on next step.
12. Click on save and publish, and GetResponse will automatically send your email based on your settings.
The second type of email that can be created using GetResponse is a newsletter. It is different in that Autoresponders don’t allow you to choose who gets to receive your email. As long as someone has subscribed to your mailing list, they’ll get an email from you. But what if you only want to send an email to users who have paid for a specific service.
This is where newsletters come in and here is how to send a newsletter:
1. Once you click on create, click on the newsletter from the dropdown menu.
2. Click on Drag and Drop Email and then put in the morning newsletter settings. Refer to steps 6-11 on how to generate an autoresponder. The steps also explain on what to input under newsletter settings and how to create a template.
Note: Under newsletter settings, choose the list that you want to use to send the email.
3. Choose the list of recipients who you want to receive the email by clicking on the Choose list.
4. Choose the list of recipients who shouldn’t receive the email by clicking on Exclude receipients and then click on next step.
You can customize your mailing list further by choosing the segments and suppressions of your liking. You can also select your recipients manually if you don’t have a large mailing list by clicking on ‘I want to select contacts manually.’
5. A summary of what will be sent to your recipients will then appear.
6. Schedule when you want the email to be sent out by clicking on “schedule” at the bottom of the page. GetResponse let’s you send emails based on your recipients time zone and also at a time when they are most likely to see your email. This is done by turning on the ”Perfect Timing” key.
7. Your email will then be sent at the time of your liking.
Just like that, you’ve learnt how to send your first email using GetResponse. It is easy, and quick, once you master this, you’re on your way to reaching out to your subscribers worldwide.
GetResponse allows users to create a free 30-day account without the need to input any credit card information. After 30 days, depending on the number of people on your mailing list you pay a small fee for the service which is cheaper compared to other service providers in the market.
The higher the number of subscribers on your mailing list the bigger your outreach. This translates to higher sales as more people become available aware of your products and services as a result of an increase in demand for your products. An increase in sales could also be as a result of affiliate marketing using the GetResponse platform.
Price for the software on the hand determines the quality of service you get as well as the value added to your products. You may get a software that is cheaper than GetResponse, but it will not come with the additional features that GetResponse has to offer.
These features include bit not limited to the ability to create and customize marketing automation options, landing pages and autofunnels. Make an informed decision today by choosing the winning formula.
For more information on GetResponse emailing click here.